Wednesday, August 4, 2010

I'm going to be mixing up my workouts a bit. Not really following anything specific other than the 1/2 marathon training and adding my own lifting in when I can. I'm going to keep the weights lighter than usual. I'm still struggling to loose the last of this baby weight so figure I need to try something different.

BS: 45(10),50(9),55(8),60(7),65(6),70(5),75(4),80(3),85(2),90(1)

2 mins rest between each and did something during rest.

5 pu, 50 side twist with ball, 10 GM, 25 Ab mat, 10 pu, 1 min plank, 1 min row, 10 push ups, 50 twist.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

i know you've been frustrated for a long time, but be encouraged that you're already seeing results! I think you'll see quicker results from all the cardio you've been doing because if nothing else it will shock your body. yoga may do that too. maybe me can yoga-it-up together this fall. :) if nothing else, change will be a nice mental break

KToth said...

I don't know what you have been doing, but I just read this post and see that you are training for a half-marathon. That was how I lost the baby weight after each of my boys. I haven't committed to a race yet after the twins, so I haven't been stuck to a half-marathon train up. Correspondingly, I have an extra 10 lbs. I'm holding on to.
I think the train-up will be good. 4 to 5 days of good running with increased distances and some speedwork at least once a week will help. But I know the other part of my losing the baby weight was eating. No crazy diet plans, just smaller portions and cutting the crap (limited sugar).
I am excited to start training for my own half, and to start coming to the gym again. I'm trying to figure out when to come, maybe with my friend Claire. She's loving all of your help.

D. Frazier said...

Thanks guys! It helps to get some positive assurances from seasoned runners. I'm still a long way from calling myself a runner ;)