Sunday, November 2, 2008

DL and BP


Not too bad of a day today. My DL was feeling pretty weak but made it up to 195x3 so not too horrible. Although I was rounding from the get go not sure what that is about. I guess I need to get back to the basics and keep reminding myself to keep my chest up. I'll have to start adding some light DL to the warm up just to work on keeping back straight. Bench went pretty well worked up to 100 and got it 2xs. So overall not too bad I'm sure I am not at my old max of 122 but I'll take it since we rarely do bench. This week has given me an idea of where I am and what I need to focus on for the rest of the strength cycle. So even though my ego is bruised because of my number not where I want them to be I am overall happy with the first week of the cycle. Today I dropped Rick off a the airport we went a little early and hung out in Nashville. On the way home I decided to stop and walk the trails at Dunbar caves. That is something I use to do regularly because I enjoy being outside and when i was driving I realized I haven't done that in ages. I guess because the gym stays pretty steady that is something I let fall to the side and the warm days are numbered with winter fast approaching. Was very nice and relaxing I always feel better when I get to spend some time in the woods.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

your hike sounds nice. i need to try to get over there in the next few days while it stays warm