Wednesday, October 1, 2008

I made it home in one piece


So had the ear surgery today. Started out lovely I woke up at 430 am to get there on time. And I get there and they tell me that I'm way early cause it's has been changed till 10:30 no one bothered to tell me. So sat around waiting for a long time smelling coffee that I was unable to drink. And also they said that I had to have someone there waiting incase of an emergency. I thought I just needed someone to pick me up. So Kat came in after she dropped of Julia. It finally got started at about 11:45. I don't recall anything other than them moving me from one bed to the other. Luckily he was able to do all the work through the ear and not behind which was my biggest fear. Cause if they go behind the ear it takes 3 months to recover instead of 3 weeks. I feel like crap my ear hurts as does my head. What is crazy is everything sounds soooo loud to me now. Even just typing on this keypad. I guess my one hearing bone was almost completely gone so they made a new one I have some metal in my ear and as he explained to kat like a tiny umbrella to hold ear drum out. All very odd but I'm sure it's a good thing I got it taken care of before it got even worse. The doctor seemed quite pleased with his work so I guess well see when I go back in 3 weeks if it is all as it should be. First thing I asked him is do I seriously have to wait 3 weeks to work out? He said a week of nothing and the other 2 weeks I can't lift anything over 5# which is actually pretty funny in a way. I told Gavin I guess I'll have to do tons of 5# curls work on my guns for Nat. HAHA... I really don't want to go through that again so I'm going to try to listen to the doctor. I can always just do some rowing. Here's a pic of my lovely ear band! Luckily I can take it off tomorrow... Ok going to get some more sleep.

4 comments:

Jen said...

I'm glad everything went well! I think your ear band is beautiful and you should leave it on as long as possible...;) And you better listen to the doctor (do you know how much housework and stuff you are going to be able to get out of?! haha!). See you tomorrow!

Natalie said...

LOLOLOLOL ok i have permission to laugh you have to keep that ear thing on please...lol hope you feel better D and like i said before perfect timing since youll be recovering while im in Canada theres no way you can make your guns bigger than mine.

D. Frazier said...

Thanks guys, and yes the ear patch is rather sexy. I might have to start a new trend. Already feeling better today but just going to stay out the gym and sleep most of the day. So I will see you guys on Friday thanks for your help.

Anonymous said...

Natalie is going to Canada? HUH? And I dig the ear patch, you look like a dyslexic pirate :)